Friday, July 20, 2012

It is Well with My Soul...


This has been the hardest week of all since I arrived. I received the news on Monday that Mrs. Daneth Brown went to heaven that morning. Her and her husband picked me up from the airport when I first arrived to the States and I spent my whole first week with them. Mrs Brown was like a Mom for me, I actually called them my American parents. This is part of the obituary, that I had the joy to experience first-hand:

“The things that were most important to her was her love for Jesus Christ, her family, her church, and her country. If she knew you then she had most likely prayed for you and was a great example of the love of Christ to others. She was known for her beautiful smile that radiated Jesus love for others.”

This sudden death made me realize even more the brevity of life and the value of time. This lady was known as a prayer warrior and someone who served others without ceasing. Her example challenged me to live purposefully, without regrets as much as possible.







I am so blessed that I knew Mrs. Brown and I had the privilege to learn from her. I miss her so much, but I know that she is at a much better place in the presence of her Savior she loved and served! Please pray for the family and that God would be glorified at the funeral service today at 2 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment