Friday, February 24, 2012

God is at Work!

I was so encouraged by my Quiet Time this morning! Psalm 52:8-9 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever. I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly." What a testimony of TRUST in God's love and faithfulness!

Not long ago I read something interesting as I was preparing for my Biblical Counseling course. A.W. Tozer says, "Notice that when God did His most awful, majestic works, He always did them in the darkness." Isn't that an amazing thought? Just think about the creation, the Incarnation, Jesus' death or resurrection! Tozer concludes that every great thing that God has done, He has done in the silence and the darkness, because His wisdom is such that no man could understand it anyhow. 

It is not easy to trust God when we don't see what He is doing. But we can know one thing for sure, He is at work! Just like David, I want to trust in His steadfast love and praise Him, even for His "hidden work"!

No comments:

Post a Comment