Saturday, August 8, 2015

I Can't Do Life on My Own... So I Pray

Yes, life has been very busy, but I'm so thankful how God is making sure I can spend quality time with Him every morning. (And since I'm slow, I need at least an hour. :-)) It's so worth it to maybe sleep a bit less and wake up early to spend time with the Father! I've been learning so much during my Quiet Times! I also started reading a book about prayer that is about to change my life... ;) Let me share a few pearls from Paul E. Miller's book, A Praying Life.

  •  "Learning to pray doesn't offer us a less busy life; it offers us a less busy heart. In the midst of outer busyness we can develop an inner quiet."
  • "Whenever Jesus starts talking about His relationship with His heavenly Father, Jesus becomes childlike, very dependent." (John 5:19, 30, 8:28, 12:49)
  • "How do we learn to talk with our Father? By asking like a child..." Children ask for everything and anything, over and over again and they just say what is on their minds. 
  • "When your mind starts wandering in prayer, be like a little child. Don't worry about being organized and staying on task." Just get the words out. :)

Half of my time in the US is gone. Would you please join me in prayer as I share my heart with people and talk about our ministry needs? I am in need of $450 per month to be at full support. This has been my specific prayer: that the Lord would provide at least 10 financial supporters who would join my team and commit to give monthly -

1 person with $100
5 people with $50
4 people with $25

https://give.wol.org/monikarakossy



Thank you for your prayers! If you happen to be one of the 10 people, don't hesitate to let me know! :))


Kedves magyarul beszélők, ez egy rövidített fordítás, a fentiek összegzése. :) Az Amerikában töltött időm felénél járok. A reggeli csendes órákban nagyon sokat tanulok, még ha korán kell is kelni, mert zsúfoltak a napok, de megéri!!! Az imádság téma került most nagyon előtérbe. A legjobb példa Jézus, aki úgy függött az Atyától, mint egy kisgyermek, és imádkozott, imádkozott, imádkozott. Szeretnék én is olyan egyszerűvé, bizakodóvá és gondtalanná válni, mint a kisgyermekek - az imádságban is! Ó, és köszönöm, ha imádkoztok a hiányzó támogatásomért, ami havi 450 dollár. Köszönöm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment