Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Bittersweet Day


The Summer Volunteers’ Training is going on right now. There are around 120 young people here on our campus to get ready for the summer camps. This is wonderful! I’m so happy for them and for what the Lord is going to do this summer. The sad part of the day was when it hit me that I won’t be here for camps this summer, not even for a day. I mean I knew this obviously, but having all these people here made me realize even more how much I love camp ministry. Yes, I cried a bit, but this was one of those “good cries” :), when you know you’ll miss something precious, but in the same time you are so thankful that God allowed you to be part of it for many years. And I am so excited for what the Lord has in store for me this summer!!!

Well, don’t think I am staying at home just because I don’t have responsibilities this weekend! :) There are so many opportunities to do something for the Lord! It was good to catch up with many of “my girls”, and I could even help out in the kitchen. I love background work, and honestly, it was even refreshing that instead of teaching seminars and leading meetings I could do dishes and serve with a wonderful kitchen crew! Praise the Lord! Please pray for the rest of the weekend, and for our camps, so that many young people would meet Jesus Christ this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment