Wednesday, April 11, 2012

50 Days!!!

Wow, there are only 50 days left until I get on that airplane on June 1st. Incredible!

Preparation is going pretty well - I think. :) Well, I haven't done this before, so I don't know, but I'm amazed how things are coming along. I'm so thankful for the many encouraging emails I'm receiving from my friends from overseas every day. God is so good to me!!! Thank you everybody who are working so hard to help me plan the traveling, my housing and the opportunities to share about my ministry! I'm very thankful for each one of you!!!!!

The most exciting thing is how God is preparing me for this trip! We've been studying the Book of Acts in our Quiet Times. As I was reading about Paul's journeys I found a parallel between what Paul was doing and what I set as my goals at the beginning of planning this furlough. This was so encouraging! So here they are, MY GOALS:

1.      Share the Gospel wherever I go (Acts 14:21)

They preached the gospel in that city and won a large number of disciples.

2.      Share what God is doing in Hungary (Acts 14:27, 15:4) 

      On arriving there, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles. When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and elders, to whom they reported everything God had done through them.

3.      Be an encouragement, make people happy :) as I’m spending time with them (Acts 14:22, 15:3) 

      ...strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said. The church sent them on their way, and as they traveled through Phoenicia and Samaria, they told how the Gentiles had been converted. This news made all the believers very glad.

And they stayed there a long time with the disciples. :-) (Acts 14:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment