Monday, January 16, 2012

In the Beginning...

In the year of the Lord two thousand and six (AD 2006) I started to pray for two “major” things – an opportunity to study Biblical Counseling and for a visit to America. I had no idea when the Lord will answer these prayers, but I believed that the fulfillment of these dreams would bring glory to our God.

When I joined Word of Life Hungary I knew that I was not prepared to be a counselor for the girls in the Bible School, but I was also sure about God’s calling. I had the privilege to learn from some great leaders, who have been wonderful examples for me, but I also had the desire to study and to become more prepared for the work God called me to do. In 2010 my faithful Father miraculously answered to my first request and opened the door to study at Faith Bible Seminary (Lafayette, IN). What a praise! I’ve completed four online courses and I’m in the middle of the fifth one. I’m so thankful for God’s provision during this whole time! It’s been a huge encouragement for me and for all those who have been praying for my tuition. The reason I’m so excited about this summer is that hopefully I can take a residency course while being in the States. Please pray with me for this.

My other goal is to present our ministry and raise the necessary funds of being here. I believe that in the past six years the Lord has been preparing me for my very first furlough. Raising support has been one of the most challenging part of my ministry but I would not choose a different path! What a great lesson to learn how to trust God and depend on Him. It has been a wonderful journey to see how God graciously provides and lays the desire on people’s heart to pray and give for His work. These dear men and women of God are the members of our team. It’s a privilege to serve our Father together. I’m excited to visit many of my faithful supporters and make new friends as well. If you are interested in hearing more about God’s work in Hungary, please contact me at mrakossy@eletszava.org email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment