Saturday, February 15, 2014

Biblical Counseling Training Conference

I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me to be there for the BCTC in Lafayette, IN. Ever since I started taking counseling classes attending this conference has been a dream of mine. I appreciated a lot the wonderful speakers and the many lessons God taught me this week! I could share so much, but let me just focus on one message, how to make much of God in your counseling (by Pastor Brad Bigney).

The #1 thing in our lives should be to glorify God. The glory of God is the character and beauty of God GONE PUBLIC. So to glorify God is to spread His FAME (doxa, Greek word for glory in the NT) and to cause people to realize the WEIGHT  (kabod, the Hebrew word for glory in the OT) and IMPORTANCE of who God is and what He does. His glory was most clearly and most fully revealed to us on the CROSS. Oh, how I wish that I could always be the sweet aroma of Christ (2 Cor 2:14), making God's name great!

It was also a blessing to see many friends I know through Word of Life or my Biblical Counseling classes, and to make new friends. :) Thank you, Father, for this special gift from YOU!


Elyse Fitzpatrick, author of twenty books / előadó, 20 könyv szerzője

Martha Peace, author of The Excellent Wife and other books / szintén közismert előadó és könyvszerző

Visiting with Karen, Dean of Women at WOLBI New York / Találkozás Karennel, aki szintén a lányok vezetője - New Yorkban

Dinner with the WOL missionaries / Vacsora az Élet Szavás misszionáriusokkal

Lunch break at the conference - with Vicki, my classmate at FBS / Ebédszünet a konfin Vickivel, aki osztálytársam a teológián

No comments:

Post a Comment